National Training Agency - NTA
The Mandate of the National Training Agency:
1. To develop, implement and maintain a National Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Plan that will create a workforce that is competent, certified, innovative, enterprising and entrepreneurial.
2. To establish and maintain a National TVET System to harmonize, standardize, monitor and evaluate all formal and non-formal national training efforts in TVET.
3. To continually assess and provide relevant information on TVET and workforce development, which includes the demand for and supply of human resources in collaboration with state and other agencies.
4. To assist, support and encourage the development of training programmes designed to develop innovation, enterprise and entrepreneurship in the nations human resources.
5. To develop a structured and active system of communication and partnership with stakeholders to ensure continued relevance and value of the Agency's products and services.
To create a workforce that is certified, competent, innovative, enterprising and entrepreneurial, contributing to the continual development of Trinidad and Tobago.
To coordinate, harmonize, standardize, monitor and evaluate all Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Trinidad and Tobago through the establishment of a National TVET system.
NTA's core valuesIntegrity, Customer Focus, Partnership, Innovation, Quality, Teamwork, Respect & Employee well-being