Inter-American Centre for Knowledge Development in Vocational Training
In the Centenary of the ILO, Vocational Training today in the Caribbean: gaps and challenges. 5 to 8 November 2019
This Subregional TVET Workshop “In the Centenary of the ILO, Vocational Training today in the Caribbean: gaps and challenges” is organized by the HEART Trust/NTA of Jamaica with the technical support of ILO/Cinterfor and the ILO Decent Work Team and Office for the Caribbean.
- Strengthen technical cooperation among the VTI members of the CANTA, and with the ILO/Cinterfor network, in order to contribute to a greater visibility of vocational training in the countries’ agenda.
- Exchange on key topics of professional training: Quality Apprenticeships, technological and methodological innovations, skills anticipation, social dialogue in and on vocational training.
The workshop is oriented to executive and/or cooperation managers from each member institution of CANTA, up to a maximum of two representatives for each VTI.
The main issues to be addressed are:
- The future of work in the face of Industry 4.0: setting the scene and strategies
- Employment of the future and the future of work
- Skills needs anticipation
- Quality Apprenticeship
- Social dialogue on TVET