Inter-American Centre for Knowledge Development in Vocational Training
Skills for social inclusion
Dates: 30 March - 3 April 2020
Snapshot of the course: Inclusion in TVET and skills development is in everyone’s interest – and yet, many individuals and groups in society find themselves excluded from learning opportunities. In this course participants learn how to contribute to the development of inclusive education and training systems and programmes that are capable of overcoming the range of existing barriers for disadvantaged groups and individuals. The course is organized in close collaboration with the ILO’s Employment Department, Skills and Employability Branch and Humanity & Inclusion – Handicap International and addresses those that are motivated to learn how to improve the outreach, quality and relevance of education and training for all.
What topics does this course cover?
This course provides practical guidance for assessing and building inclusive TVET and skills development systems catered to a range of groups and individuals, such as women, persons with disabilities, people living in rural areas, migrant workers, and people working in the informal sector.
• The training and labour market inclusion process - from accessibility of training to work transition for all
• Inclusive TVET policies and strategies, following a rights-based approach
• Universal TVET system design from access to participation, graduation and transition to work
• Inclusive learning methodologies
• Framework for analysis of inequalities in TVET
• Targeted measures to redress inequalities
How to apply
Go to https://bit.ly/3a0jazc to apply before 17 February 2020.