Inter-American Centre for Knowledge Development in Vocational Training
The Inter-American Centre for Knowledge Development in Vocational Training (ILO/Cinterfor) is a technical service of the International Labour Organization (ILO), created in 1963 and established in Montevideo, Uruguay. It is a response to the needs of people, enterprises and countries in the field of vocational training and the development of human resources. It works as the core of a knowledge management network of entities related to these topics.
ILO/Cinterfor, together with its members and with the establishment of partnerships for cooperation, contributes to the fulfilment of the ILO's mandate by strengthening available resources, including specialized technical knowledge, skills and competencies, technology and innovation, with a view to achieving the following outcomes:
- Skills development to increase the employability of workers, the competitiveness of enterprises and the growth capacity of integration.
- Fostering South-South and Triangular cooperation in vocational training.
- Sustainable enterprises generating decent and productive work.
- Strengthening tripartism and social dialogue.
- Reduction of poverty and social exclusion.
- Promotion of on-the-job training in order to improve security and occupational health.
- Application of ICT in training and increased productivity.