Inter-American Centre for Knowledge Development in Vocational Training
43rd. Technical Committee Meeting. ILO/Cinterfor
The ILO/Cinterfor Technical Committee Meeting is one of the most important events on vocational training in our region. It brings together representatives of national organizations specialized in training and human resources development in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Cape Verde. Throughout two days and a half will be discussing and reviewing the current issues of vocational training, exchanging experiences, and proposing new cooperation activities.
The 43rd. TCM took place between 9-11 August in Costa Rica sponsored by the Instituto Nacional de Aprendizaje - INA. Its central theme was "The future of work and the challenges for vocational training", around which various panels and conversations was organized.
- During the meeting a new document was presented: "The future of vocational training in Latin America and the Caribbean: overview and strengthening guidelines", a joint edition between the ILO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean and ILO/Cinterfor.
- Discussion panel: The future of vocational training and its contribution to productive development. Presentation by Jorge Arévalo Turrillas. Deputy Minister for Vocational Training. Basque Country.
Publication: The future of vocational training in Latin America and the Caribbean: overview and strengthening guidelines
- Discussion panel: The future of work and vocational training challenges. Presentation by Fernando Vargas, Senior Specialist, Vocational Training. ILO/Cinterfor
- Discussion panel IV: Quality apprenticeship for a better transition from education to work. What specific contribution can quality apprenticeship provide to promote youth decent work in the region? - Vanessa Gibson, Representative from the enterprise sector of the Board of Directors. INA, Costa Rica - Christene Gittens, Executive Management Specialist. HEART/TRUST, Jamaica - Michael Axmann, Senior Enterprise Specialist for Vocational Training and Productivity. ILO/Cinterfor Facilitated by: Hassan Ndai, Senior Specialist, Skills and Employability. ILO Decent Work Team and Office for the Caribbean
- To see other information only available in spanish: http://www.oitcinterfor.org/reuniones/43rct